FDA Food Facility Registration
Verto Solutions, LLC, a Washington DC-located management company, can act as your registering agent to ensure that your facilities are properly registered.
WHO MUST REGISTER?
As of December 12, 2003, food or beverage imports will only be allowed into the U.S. if they come from facilities registered with the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).The owner, operator, or agent in charge of a facility that manufactures, processes, packs, or holds food for human or animal consumption in the U.S. must register with the FDA. There is a limited exemption for farms, retail food operations, restaurants, and some fishing vessels. Unless your facility is in one of these
categories, you must register with FDA. The FDA definition of food covers everything used for food or drink for humans or animals, including all additives and components. Overseas facilities must also designate a U.S. agent.
If your facility is outside the U.S., then you must also designate a U.S. agent.
"WHY DO I NEED TO REGISTER? U.S. regulations require that food from unregistered facilities be held at the port of entry. Don’t let this happen to your imports!
HOW DO I REGISTER? You will need the following documents to sign up with Verto Solutions, LLC Facility Registration:
Contact Verto Solutions, LLC by phone at 202-293-5800 or email us at [email protected] with any additional questions.
Once you return the Facility Registration Form and the Agent Application and Agreement along with payment we will register your facility with the FDA. We will contact you to confirm that you’re registered. If at any time you have questions about your registration you may contact the Food Facility Registration office at 202-293-5800.
WHY SHOULD I CHOOSE VERTO SOLUTIONS, LLC AS MY U.S. AGENT?
- We are a leader in representing the global food and cosmetic ingredient industries.
- We serve as a reliable communications link between the FDA and food facilities worldwide.
- In addition to serving as the U.S. based agent for your facilities, we will complete your facility registration with the FDA and provide confirmation of your registration.
- Problems with registering your facility with the FDA? Contact Verto Solutions, LCC Facility Registration and we will help solve your registration problems.
- Every day we solve FDA compliance issues for a client base involved with every stage of food production.
- Members of the following organizations have trusted us over the years to represent them and keep them informed about developments in the U.S.:
- American Spice Trade Association (ASTA)
- Flavor and Extract Manufacturers Association of the U.S (FEMA)
- Fragrance Materials Association of the U.S. (FMA)
- International Association of Color Manufacturers (IACM)
- International Fragrance Associations (IFRA)
- International Organization of the Flavor Industries (IOFI)
- Research Institute for Fragrance Materials (RIFM)
VERTO SOLUTIONS FACILITY REGISTRATION, LLC TEAM:
John Cox — John Cox is Managing Director for Verto Solutions, LLC and Director of Facility Registration. Mr. Cox is an attorney with more than ten years experience providing counsel to Congressional leaders and industry. Mr. Cox is a leading authority on all aspects of the FDA’s response to the threat of food bioterrorism, particularly regulations published following passage of the Public Health Security and Bioterrorism Preparedness and Response Act of 2002.
John Hallagan — John Hallagan is Senior Advisor to Verto Solutions, LLC. Through his law firm John B. Hallagan, P.C., he serves as general counsel to a number of Verto Solutions’ clients. Mr. Hallagan has served the flavor, fragrance and color additives industries for 25 years and is a leading authority on the regulation and safety assessment of these important materials.